- “I WOULD KNOW HIM IN DEATH // HELLO, STRANGER: Achilles, Patroclus, and Fanfiction Refracted.” Presented at the Queer and The Classical: Critical Futures, Critical Feelings Conference, digital via Oxford University, on February 20, 2021. Handout with full alt-text for all images available by request via email.
- “‘Plato: They were gay af and Achilles bottomed’: Classics, Popular Culture, and the Internet.” Oxford Classics – Language & Literature Graduate Work in Progress Seminar, November 13, 2020.
- “If There’s a Fire You’re Trying to Douse: Un-Making Hegemonic Approaches to Gender & Sexuality in Roman Scholarship.” Presented at the The Case for Critical Ancient World Studies Conference, digital via Oxford University, September 7, 2020. Full paper text available by request via email.
- “How Do You Solve a Problem Like Caeneus?: On Narrative Framing and Gender in the Aeneid.” Oxford Classics – Language & Literature Graduate Work in Progress Seminar, May 22, 2020.
- “Ladies, Leave Your Man at Home: The Women of Virgil’s Epyllion, Georgics 315-558.” Oxford Classics – Language & Literature Graduate Work in Progress Seminar, February 14, 2020.
- Steven G. Calabresi and Lena M. Barsky, An Originalist Defense of Plyler v. Doe, 2017 BYU L. Rev. 225 (2017). Available at: http://digitalcommons.law.byu.edu/lawreview/vol2017/iss2/4.
- Lena Barsky. “On the Hidden Meanings of the Laudes Italiae of Virgil’s Georgics Book 2.” Brown Classical Journal 26 (Apr. 2014): 83-92.
- Lena Barsky. “Alcuin in the Bible.” Brown Classical Journal 25 (Apr. 2013): 143-152.
CAPS LOCK, a newsletter which ran more-or-less weekly from May 2016 to June 2017, then semi-monthly until October 2018 with musings, media recommendations, life advice, and sea otters. Currently on hiatus but honestly could come back any day now.
- A “Leaving New York” Essay Written Before I Actually Left New York
- National Coming Out Day
- Fanfiction 101, or CAPS LOCK’s 1st Birthday
TEEN DATING VIOLENCE at the National Judicial Education Program
- The Dynamics and Consequences of Teen Dating Violence
- LGBTQ Issues in Teen Dating Violence
- LGBTQ Issues in Teen Dating Violence Glossary
- Teen Dating Violence: Resources for Judicial Leadership
POLITICAL ANALYSIS at the National Committee for an Effective Congress
- North Carolina 2014 U.S. Senate Post-election Analysis
- Virginia 2014 U.S. Senate Post-election Analysis
SUPREME COURT REPORTING at the Brown Political Review
- Holy Schnikes, Reproductive Health!
- Town of Greece v. Galloway coverage: Public Prayer Comes Back to the Court and Religion Revisited: Town of Greece v. Galloway’s Oral Argument
- “It’s September, Get Informed” series on decisions that the Supreme Court handed down in June 2013: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- Same Sex Marriage Cases at the Supreme CourtMy response to two nasty comments posted to the same-sex marriage article